Steevnash: About a year ago Kripparrian posted a great video on solo’ing Kael’thas for a chance at Ashes of Al’ar. It’s an amazing video, as his always are, but there are a few particular mechanics of the encounter that it seems like people are still struggling with. In particular, putting yourself in a good position to down all the adds in phases 2 and 3 in a timely manner as well as handling the placement of your pet during phase 4 when he’s tanking Kael’thas on the opposite side of the pillar.
For that reason I created a bit of a longer video detailing a few things someone can do to make the encounter easier as a whole.
Hunter Soloing Guide: Kael’thas for Ashes of Alar
Other Narrated Hunter Soloing Guides by Steevnash:
- Hunter Soloing: Six Minute Altairus and Slabhide Mount Runs (for the Reins of the Drake of the North Wind and the Reins of the Vitreous Stone Drake)
- How-To Hunter Solo VoA for the Grand Black War Mammoth
- How-To Hunter Solo High Priestess Kilnara for the Swift Zulian Panther Mount
- How-To Hunter Solo Malygos for the Reins of the Azure and Blue Drakes
- How-to Hunter Solo Onyxia for the Reins of the Onyxian Drake
- How-to Hunter Solo Razorgore to Open Blackwing Lair
See Hunter Soloing, from Classic to Cataclysm: Tips, Guides, Strategies, and Videos for a complete selection of guides to hunter soloing including hunter soloing builds as well as hundreds of boss-specific strategies and videos for solo hunters.
Screenshot is from Wowpedia