Blackwing Lair holds many riches for solo hunters including 1200-1400 gold, Elementium Ingots, a unique tamable boss, and the Tier 2 (Dragonstalker) set, Ashjre’thul Crossbow of Smiting, the Heartstriker bow, and Dragonbreath Hand Cannon for transmogrification. Steevnash has produced a narrated video guide that tells exactly how to one-shot the first boss, Razorgore.
Steevnash: A how-to video for getting attuned to and Soloing Razorgore as a Hunter. For a long time BWL was thought to be unsoloable until some clever people developed this strategy. All the rest of the bosses are very easy to solo, any spec should do fine here.
Special thanks to Durendil from the Elitist Jerks forums; for a while I had the fight down but I didn’t understand the mechanics as to why they would happen at a particular time. I was just going through the motions. He spent a lot of time on it and made a great post/video explaining why things happen when they do and now following that it’s very easy to step in and 1 shot.
Other Narrated Hunter Soloing Guides by Steevnash:
- Hunter Soloing: Six Minute Altairus and Slabhide Mount Runs (for the Reins of the Drake of the North Wind and the Reins of the Vitreous Stone Drake)
- How-to Hunter Solo Kael’thas for Ashes of Al’ar
- How-To Hunter Solo Malygos for the Reins of the Azure and Blue Drakes
- How-to Hunter Solo Onyxia for the Reins of the Onyxian Drake
- How-To Hunter Solo VoA for the Grand Black War Mammoth
- How-To Hunter Solo High Priestess Kilnara for the Swift Zulian Panther Mount
See Hunter Soloing, from Classic to Cataclysm: Tips, Guides, Strategies, and Videos for a complete selection of guides to hunter soloing including hunter soloing builds as well as hundreds of boss-specific strategies and videos for solo hunters.