Every Friday Tabana brings you the latest discussions straight from the Elitist Jerks forums with a recap of what was discussed and links to the full posts so you can stay on top of the latest in hunter theorycrafting.
- Mists of Pandaria
In the Mists of Pandaria thread, Rivkah wrote, “I’ve been doing some mechanics testing to prepare for updating my site for MoP and I thought some folks would want the data I’ve collected thus far. Note that all this testing was done based on the current beta patch as of June 23rd and could change in future patches. Note that these ability notes are primarily focused on damage to the primary target- some of these abilities also do damage to other targets but I wasn’t testing those mechanics.”
Level 75 talents:
- A Murder of Crows:
- 8 crows spawn, approximately 2 seconds apart, they seem to attack roughly every 2 seconds and despawn in about 14 seconds. Doesn’t seem to scale with haste
- The average total crow attacks seems to be 60 although it varies slightly
- Each crow hit seems to be roughly: RAP * .1142 + 4987.05
- If you use readiness to reset and cast again during the duration, it doesn’t stack properly- you end up with only about 2 additional crows if you recast it right away (which ended in about 76 crow attacks total)
- Uses GCD
- Dire Beast:
- The beast usually does 7 attacks, but sometimes only 6. Doesn’t seem to scale with haste
- Each pet attack is roughly: RAP * 0.5715 + 1246.5
- Readiness properly works with this ability, you get a 2nd beast which functions just like the first
- Uses GCD
- Lynx Rush:
- 9 pet melee swings at the normal damage amount
- Uses GCD
Level 90 talents:
- Glaive Toss:
- 2 glaives hit the primary target, doing (RAP * 0.05 + 218.102) * 8 dmg each
- No GCD
- 400% normalized weapon damage
- 3 sec cast, suppresses autoshot
- 16 ticks of damage on the primary target, totalling 400% non-normalized weapon damage
- 3 sec channeled ability, suppresses autoshot
- Pets now scale 100% with the hunter RAP and no longer gain AP from their own stats
- Pets no longer get the historical 25% damage bonus left over from happiness or the historical 5% damage bonus that was left in when pet families stopped providing different damage bonuses in BC
- Bite/claw/smack formula appears to be roughly RAP * 0.36 + 329
- Multishot is now normalized
Nooska replied, “If you need more data Rivkah, please do ask for it – personally I’m not doing much in the beta because I don’t know what to really do currently and I’ve had a lot of time to kill lately, so please do tell. I’m sure there are others that would be happy to contribute data too (after all, we all kinda depend on your site to a large extent)”
Lokrick replied, “Your timing is perfect; I’m just now getting a little bit of time to spend on SimulationCraft. A note on your Murder of Crows data: it sounds like DoT mechanics: a new crow is spawned at each tick of the “DoT”, and recasting (via Readiness) completes the next tick and “extends” the DoT with the new duration.
In the Mists of Pandaria thread, Nerec wrote, “Glyphs, with their current state in mind, do provide some nice possibilities to dodge boss mechanics:
Glyph of Distracting Shot: Your Distracting Shot now distracts the target to attack your pet instead of you.
Glyph of Endless Wrath: While Bestial Wrath is active, your pet cannot be killed, but can still be damaged.
I don’t can test the Beta and would question if someone can check if distracting shot effects the encounter. If they are distract-able there would be plenty of opportunities for bm hunter to dodge boss mechanics.
Crooklyn replied, “You haven’t been able to ‘taunt’ a boss with distracting shot for a while now. I think they ninja fixed/changed it around the time Adept killed Halfus by ping-pong kiting drakes with distracting shot. I would be surprised if distracting shot worked on the Beta/Mop.”
In the Mists of Pandaria thread, Garwynn wrote, “I made a little chart with an overview [of] which hunter pets bring which raid buffs and debuffs in MoP. This is as of 28/06 beta (build 15781) and as with everything else on the beta, subject to change.”
A full index of all Elitist Jerks posts recapped at the Wow Hunter’s Hall is maintained in the Index of Elitist Jerks Hunter Forum Posts.