A new build is being deployed on the Mists of Pandaria beta that has many changes for hunters, including some rather nice buffs. The changes were summarized in a blue post by Brennvin in the Beta Class Analysis thread:
Yes, Wild Quiver does 50% weapon damage now, but we’ve increased the proc rate substantially to compensate. Also, the next build you get should include a significant number of changes to hunter ability damage, so it’s probably best to wait until then for really detailed investigation of their damage formulae. Super brief and incomplete summary of changes include nearly doubling Wild Quiver’s proc chance, doubling the damage of the level 90 talents, buffing BM’s Mastery considerably, Master Marksman reduced to 3 stacks, doubling the damage of Black Arrow and Serpent Sting for Survival, significantly nerfing Beast Cleave, nearly halving the cost of Explosive Shot, buffing Aimed, Arcane, and Chimera Shot noticeably, nerfing Cobra shot noticeably, nearly doubling the damage of Kill Command, reducing the cost of Arcane Shot, nerfing Focus Fire and Frenzy somewhat… There have been a lot of changes to Hunter damage. :)
Here are the hunter changes for beta build 15913:
- Arcane Shot An instant shot that causes 110% weapon damage (up from 65%) plus 5,484 as Arcane damage (up from 2997). Uses 20 Focus (down from 22)
- Steady Shot A steady shot that causes 70% weapon damage (up from 65%) plus 4,013 (up from 3726).
- Barrage Rapidly fire a spray of shots forward for 3 sec, dealing a total of 640% weapon damage (up from 320) to the enemy target and an average of 160% weapon damage (up from 80%) weapon damage to each other enemy target in front of you.
- Glaive Toss You hurl two glaives toward a target, each dealing 436 damage (up from 218) to each enemy struck and reducing movement speed by 30% for 3 sec.
- Powershot You wind up a powerful shot, which deals 800% weapon damage (up from 400%) weapon damage to the target and 200% weapon damage (up from 100%)
to all enemies in between you and the target.
- Thrill of the Hunt You have a 15% chance when you fire a ranged attack that costs Focus or Kill Command to reduce the focus cost of your next 3 Arcane Shots or Multi-Shots by 20 (changed from causing the next 3 Arcant Shots or Multi-Shots to be free).
- Beast Cleave After you Multi-shot, your pet’s melee attacks also strike all other nearby enemy targets for 25% as much (down from 70%) for the next 4 sec.
- Cobra Strikes You have a 15% chance when you hit with Arcane Shot to cause your pet’s next 2 Basic Attacks to critically hit. This effect can stack up to 6 times.
- Focus Fire Consumes your pet’s Frenzy stack, restoring 6 Focus (down from 10) to your pet and increasing your ranged haste by 5% (down from 8%) for each Frenzy stack consumed.
- Frenzy Your pet has a 40% chance to gain 10% (down from 15%) increased attack speed after attacking with a Basic Attack, lasting for 30 sec and stacking up to 5 times.
- Go for the Throat Your auto-shot critical strikes cause your pet to generate 15 focus. (changed from generate 10 Focus and your Arcane Shot critical strikes reduce the Focus cost of your pet’s next basic attack by 100% for 12 sec.
- Kill Command (Beast Mastery) 40 focus (up from 37) Give the command to kill, causing your pet to instantly inflict ((1.8 * (997 + RAP)) * 1.2) damage to its target. [Changed from ((1.8 * (1,022 + 51.6% of RAP)) * 1.1)]
- Mastery: Master of Beasts Increases the damage done by your pets by 16% (up from 13%).
Beast Mastery & Survival
- Cobra Shot Deals 100% weapon damage [changed from 115% weapon damage plus (353 + 1.7% of RAP)] in the form of Nature damage and increases the duration of your Serpent Sting on the target by 6 sec.
- Aimed Shot A powerful aimed shot that deals 400% ranged weapon damage plus 39,880 (up from 160% ranged weapon damage plus 15,952).
- Bombardment Your critical hits with Multi-Shot cause your Multi-Shot to cost 20
less Focus (down from 50%) and cause 30% additional damage for 5 sec.
- Chimera Shot Costs 45 focus (up from 44) An instant shot that causes 300% (up from 115%) ranged weapon Nature damage plus (73.2% of RAP + 5,385) [up from 73.2% of RAP + 2,064], refreshing the duration of your Serpent Sting and healing you for 3% of your total health.
- Master Marksman After reaching 3 stacks (down from 5), your next Aimed Shot’s cast time and Focus cost are reduced by 100% for 10 sec.
- Mastery: Wild Quiver Grants a 32% (up from 17%) chance for your ranged attacks to also instantly fire an additional ranged shot that deals 50% weapon damage. [*This change is going to be reverted. See Beta Classes Part XVII]
- Black Arrow Fires a Black Arrow at the target, dealing 2,490 damage over 20 sec. (down from 4,660). AP scaling 20% (up from 10%)
- Explosive Shot Costs 25 focus (down from 44). You fire an explosive charge into the enemy target, dealing (RAP * .333 + 415.5) Fire damage initially and every second for 2 sec. [Formula from Zeherah]
- Improved Serpent Sting Increases the damage of your Serpent Sting by 100%, and causes it to also deal instant damage equal to 30% of its total periodic effect.
- Burrow Attack Costs 20 focus (down from 30). 20 second cooldown (down from 30) The Worm burrows into the earth, shaking the ground above dealing (( 151+ 40% of RAP * 0.288) * 8) Nature damage over 8 sec. [down from ((227 + 40% or RAP*0.288) * 8)]
- Horn Toss Costs 20 focus (down from 30)
- Spirit Beast Blessing The spirit beast blesses your allies, increasing the mastery of all party and raid members by 3,000 (down from 3500) within 100 yards (up from 60). Lasts for 60 sec.
- Bite, Claw, Smack Cause ((RAP * .21 + 208) * 1.8) damage. Deals 100% more damage and costs 100% more Focus when your pet has 50 or more Focus. [Formula from Zeherah]
*For theorycrafting regarding these changes including new shot formulas and the extent of buffs/nerfs see Zeherah’s post at Elitist Jerks.