Perculia at the Wowhead Blog: Mists of Pandaria introduced a legendary that all classes can complete, a drastic change from the rogue-only weapon of Tier 13. Players acquire one of nine “Sha-Touched” weapons from Tier 14 raids, completing a series of quests with Wrathion to acquire special +500 stat gems. We don’t know the whole quest chain yet, but the first part will let you put a legendary gem in an epic weapon, which isn’t a bad start.
Right now, all of these weapons have versions and unique colors from LFR, Normal, and Heroic difficulty. It’s unclear if you will be able to upgrade to ilvl 513 legendary versions in Tier 14, or if that will have to wait for 5.1.
- Pick up Stranger in a Strange Land and Mysterious Note from Teng Firebrew then find Wrathion in The Veiled Stair and share a drink: A Legend in the Making.
- The Strength of One’s Foes: Collect 10 Sigil of Power and 10 Sigil of Wisdom from raid bosses in the Mogu’shan Vaults, Heart of Fear, or Terrace of Endless Spring. Players pick up Trial of the Black Prince at the same time to get Honored with The Black Prince by killing level 90 Mogu and Mantid–unless you’re a rogue that has completed Fangs of the Father.
- Fear Itself: Defeat the Sha of Fear in the Terrace of Endless Spring and acquire the Chimera of Fear.
- Breath of the Black Prince: Quest rewards are legendary ilvl 513 +500 stat gems: Crystallized Dread. These can be placed in weapons with “Sha-Touched” flavor text.
- Incoming… implies that the legendary chain continues in 5.1, where the Alliance and Horde will set up encampments in Krasarang Wilds and the faction conflict will escalate. And with four Wrathion-related achievements, Chapter I: Trial of the Black Prince shows that getting a gem upgrade is only the beginning.
Breath of the Black Prince is a legendary item without a known purpose yet. [...] It could possibly raise the ilvl of the weapon completely or be an item needed for the continuation of the quest in 5.1. Datamined icons with names like “inv_legendary_mace” imply that there will be legendary weapons at some point, not just epic items with amazing gems.
. . . Read the full article at Wowhead