Zarhym confirmed that Patch 5.1, the first Mists of Pandaria content patch, is scheduled for release Tuesday morning, November 27. Highlights of particular interest to hunters include:
- Aspect of the Hawk and Aspect of the Iron Hawk now increase ranged attack power by 15% (was 10%).
- Careful Aim now increases the critical strike chance of Steady Shot and Aimed Shot by 75% on targets who are above 80% health, down from 90%.
- The duration of Steady Focus has been increased to 20 seconds, up from 10 seconds.
- Aspect of the Fox has been removed.
- Steady Shot, Cobra Shot, and Barrage can now always be cast on the move.
- Lynx Rush has been changed. Lynx Rush is now a bleed effect that causes damage every 3 seconds over a period of 15 seconds, and stacks up to 9 times.
- Bestial Wrath no longer grants Hunter pets immunity to crowd control effects, and instead now breaks existing crowd control effects when activated.
- The Glyph of Icy Solace has been renamed to Glyph of Solace, and now causes both Scattershot and Freezing Trap to remove all damage over time effects from the target.
- Glyph of Scattering has been removed.
- A new Major Glyph has been added: Glyph of Aimed Shot. This glyph allows Aimed Shot to be used while moving.
- The snare provided by Ice Trap is now more responsive when enemies enter or leave the area of effect, and its effective area more closely matches the visual effect.
- Lock and Load will now activate correctly when Ice Trap is triggered by an immune target, as long as a susceptible target is within the area of effect.
- Fixed several issues involving Trap Mastery, Entrapment, Glyph of Black ice, and Glyph of Ice Trap.
- The Growl pet ability will no longer cause diminishing returns against bosses that are immune to its effect.
- Glyph of Black Ice now correctly benefits from the increased duration provided by Trap Mastery.
- Glyph of Ice Trap now causes the visual effect of Ice Trap to match the increased area of effect provided by the glyph.
Also recall that you’ll be able to upgrade your existing gear using Justice and Valor Points. For an overview of the new upgrade system see New Item Upgrade System in 5.1.