My For the Night! hunter transmog was initially inspired by receiving the Waterborne Shoulderguards in raid this week; they’re surprisingly pleasant to look at considering our history of spiky-dead-animal-part hunter shoulder sets. They’re composed of feathers, which suits a bow hunter well; we might use them in the construction of our arrows.
The bow, gloves, belt, and legs all have glowing blue accents that echo the glowing blue of the lower shoulder feathers. Although the chest piece doesn’t match perfectly, its texture and neutral color blend with the other pieces well enough. The shirt is one I’ve kept over the years for its sentimental value. The boots I found while farming for another piece and although they don’t match perfectly they match about as well as any other boots would so I took them as serendipity.
- Waterborne Shoulderguards Drops from Protectors of the Endless in the Terrace of Endless Spring raid
- Mail of the Geyser Purchased for 1100 Justice Points from your faction’s Legacy Justice Quartermaster in Dalaran.
- Captain Sander’s Shirt Quest reward from Captain Sanders’ Hidden Treasure
- Handgrips of the Savage Emissary Drops from Cyanigosa in heroic The Violet Hold
- Vicious Gladiator’s Links of Cruelty No longer available but Belt of the Beloved Companion would also work well.
- Black Dragonskin Breeches Drops from Ick and Krick in normal Pit of Saron
- Ulduar Greaves BoE world drop
- Avalanche Drops from Hodir’s Cache of Winter in the normal mode 10-man Ulduar raid
Ideas for Matching Pets and Mounts
- Flying Mount: Cenarion War Hippogryph, Silver Covenant Hippogryph
- Ground Mount: Swift Mistsaber, Swift Zulian Panther, Raven Lord
- Companion Pets: Nordrassil Wisp, Nether Faerie Dragon, Aqua Strider, owls
- Hunter Pets: Olm the Wise, Skoll and most other Spirit Beasts, Stream Strider, Blue Fen Strider, Cobalt Serpent, Thundermaw
All together, the look fulfills my perception of what a Night Elf Hunter should be: dark and woodsy with just a touch of magic.