MoP Hunter Glyph Guide (WoW Beta)
Tabana: All of the Mists of Pandaria (MoP) Hunter glyphs are listed here. New and changed glyphs are listed first and sorted by Major vs. Minor. Glyphs that remain unchanged from Cataclysm are listed after the new/changed glyphs. Links to commentaries and to videos demonstrating some of the glyphs are provided.
This guide is part of the WoW Hunters Hall collection of MoP Guides that includes guides to all of the new hunter abilities, gear, glyphs, gems, enchants, and pets.
New and Changed Glyphs
- Major Glyphs
- Glyph of Aimed Shot If used while your Camouflage is active, your Aimed Shot ability also reduces the target’s movement speed by 50% for 6 sec.
- Glyph of Animal Bond While your pet is active, all healing done to you and your pet is increased by 10%.
- Glyph of Black Ice While you move through the area affected by your Ice Trap you gain 50% movement speed.
- Glyph of Camouflage Your Camouflage ability now provides stealth even while moving, but your movement speed while Camouflage is active is reduced by 50%.
- Glyph of Chimera Shot Increases the healing you receive from Chimera Shot by an additional 2% of your maximum health.
- Glyph of Deterrence Increases the damage reduction granted by Deterrence by 20%.
- Glyph of Disengage Increases the distance you travel when you Disengage. (watch Zumio’s video of Glyph of Disengage in action)
- Glyph of Distracting Shot (New) – Your Distracting Shot now distracts the target to attack your pet instead of you.
- Glyph of Endless Wrath While Bestial Wrath is active, your pet cannot be killed, but can still be damaged.
- Glyph of Explosive Trap Your Explosive Trap no longer deals damage, instead knocking enemies back from the trap when it explodes. (Watch Spiral’s video of Glyph of Explosive Trap in action)
- Glyph of Icy Solace Your Freezing Trap also removes all damage over time effects from the target.
- Glyph of Liberation When you Disengage, you are healed for 5% of your total health.
- Glyph of Mend Pet Gives your Mend Pet ability a 50% chance of cleansing 1 Curse, Disease, Magic or Poison effect from your pet each tick.
- Glyph of Mirrored Blades When attacked by a spell while in Deterrence, you have a 100% chance to reflect it back at the attacker. (Only works on cast spells)
- Glyph of Pathfinding Increases the speed bonus of your Aspect of the Cheetah and Aspect of the Pack by 8%, and increases your speed while mounted by 10%. The mounted movement speed increase does not stack with other effects.
- Glyph of No Escape Increases the ranged critical strike chance of all of your attacks on targets affected by your
Freezing Trap by 20%.
- Glyph of Scattering Your Scatter Shot also removes all damage over time effects from the target..
- Glyph of Steady Shot Your Steady Shot now reduces the target’s movement speed by 50% for 6 sec if used on a target within 8 yards.
- Glyph of Tranquilizing Shot Your Tranquilizing Shot no longer costs Focus, but has a 10 sec cooldown.
- Minor Glyphs
- Glyph of Aspect of the Beast The Hunter takes on the aspects of a beast, becoming untrackable. Only one Aspect can be active at a time.
- Glyph of Aspects Each time you activate a new Aspect, an animal companion representing that Aspect will follow you for 15 sec. [See Frostinferno’s screenshot of the companions]
- Glyph of the Cheetah Your Aspect of the Cheetah no longer causes you to be dazed when struck. Instead, the effect is cancelled and all your Aspects are placed on a 4 sec cooldown.
- Glyph of Direction Causes your Misdirection target to appear larger.
- Glyph of Fetch Teaches you the ability Fetch. Command your pet to retrieve the items on a nearby corpse.
- Glyph of Fireworks Launch fireworks from your gun, bow or crossbow.
- Glyph of Marking Your Hunter’s Mark ability now places a bullseye on your target instead of its usual visual.
- Glyph of Stampede Your Stampede no longer summons pets from your stable, and instead uses copies of your current pet.
- Glyph of Tame Beast Reduces the time required to complete Tame Beast by 4 sec.
- Major Glyphs
- Minor Glyphs
Videos and Commentaries: Hunter Glyphs in MoP
- WHU: Best SV Hunter Glyphs 3/28/13
- 35 Yards Out: Glyph Conversion in Mists of Pandaria 8/6/12. Loronar created a chart detailing how the old glyphs convert into the new ones.
- WHU: MoP Hunter Glyphs 5/15/12
- Zumio: MoP Beta – In Depth Analysis of ALL Hunter Glyphs! 4/15/12
Screenshot by Tabana