Vlad at Icy Veins: The rotation for Marksmanship Hunters remains practically unchanged from its Cataclysm version. The only differences arise from the integration of the new abilities. However, since these abilities are on rather long cooldowns, their impact is minimized.
Single target rotation:
- Apply and maintain Serpent Sting on the target. Chimera Shot refreshes its duration, so you should only have to apply it once.
- Keep up the Steady Focus self-buff (the new version of the old Improved Steady Shot) by casting a pair of Steady Shots every 10 seconds.
- Cast Aimed Shot when you have 5 stacks of Master Marksman, making Aimed Shot instant cast and free of cost.
- Cast Chimera Shot on cooldown.
- Cast Kill Shot on cooldown. This is only available when the target is below 20% health.
- Cast Arcane Shot to dump focus. It may also be viable (or even preferred) to hard-cast Aimed Shot to dump your focus, but this remains to be seen.
. . . Read full article