Vlad at Icy Veins: In preparation for the updates to our guides for Mists of Pandaria, we are releasing articles such as this one, explaining what has changed for a particular class and spec, and what the new rotation is likely to be. Keep in mind that this is still a work in progress.
- Tier 4 talents offer you a choice between Fervor and Readiness (and Thrill of the Hunt, but this is a passive talent). We currently believe that Fervor is the least attractice choice. Which of the other two is a larger DPS gain remains to be determined, but it is important to note that Readiness can also help you reset cooldowns of useful abilities such as Deterrence.
- Tier 5 talents offer you a choice between A Murder of Crows, Dire Beast, and Lynx Rush. At the moment, it seems that A Murder of Crows is the biggest DPS boost. It is interesting to note that your Mastery ( Mastery: Master of Beasts) does not affect A Murder of Crows or Dire Beast, but does increase the damage of Lynx Rush (despite this, Lynx Rush still remains weak).
- Tier 6 talents offer you a choice between Glaive Toss, Powershot, and Barrage. While each of these abilities seems designed for multiple target DPS, we would put forth that Barrage will prove to be the most useful in both single and multiple target situtions. This remains to be determined accurately, however.
- Stampede is a burst DPS ability, that causes all your current pets (all 5 of them – the ones in your stable are not counted) to attack the target for 10 seconds. Due to its 10 minute cooldown, this spell is not affected by Readiness.
- Beast Cleave is a passive ability that enables Beast Mastery Hunters to do competitive AoE DPS. It grants a buff to your pet, each time you deal damage with Multi-Shot, which causes your pet’s attacks to deal 70% of the damage your Multi-Shot dealt, to all nearby targets, for the following 4 seconds. It is important to note that this buff duration does not extend past 4 seconds in the event that you cast Multi-Shot again while it is active, making it inefficient to spam Multi-Shot.
- Trueshot Aura increases the attack power of all raid members by 10%. Even though this is a passive ability, it is an important raid-buff that we considered worth mentioning (this was previously only available to Marksmanship Hunters).
. . . Read full article