Frostheim at Warcraft Hunters Union: Welcome to patch 5.0.4 hunters! We got all the new MoP abilities going for a full month at level 85 before the expansion hits.
For everything you need to know about the hunter changes you can read the full Patch 5.0.4 Hunter Guide. But here’s the super short version:
- Update your addons before logging in
- Reforge to 7.5% hit and 7.5% expertise. This is 769 hit/exp rating. 666 hit rating for draenei, and 666 expertise rating for dwarves or trolls.
- You’re no longer using melee weapons and will no longer have minimum range.
- You want to be BM or SV.
- For talents take Dire Beast at level 60. At 75 take A Murder of Crows for SV or MM, and take Lynx Rush for BM.
- Turn off growl, it’s an actual taunt now.
- You don’t have any more dps glyphs. Take the ones that work for you.
Many of your addons will no longer work, and in fact could keep the game from working. You’ll want to download new versions of your addons before logging in. Most of the main addons have updated versions available, including the JS hunter bar. Here’s a couple of the main ones:
Your rotations are going to be more complicated with the new buttons to push (and don’t forget Readiness) so hop over to those target dummies and get used to your new rotation. And maybe go out and enjoy your improved self-healing and crazy fun PvP glyphs! . . . read full article